Tuesday, April 7, 2009

That sickening slide

Psschoooom!
Psschoooom!

Psschoooom!
Psschoooom!
Psschoooom!

That was just a sample of the 21 gun salute that I was doing at the gym.  It was riveting.  Had this not been a drill, each psschoooom would have had paaaaaaanties dropping.  Unfortunately, I didn't make it all the way through.  One of my gunz, the right battery, erupted in fiery pain somewhere around the 14th psschoooom.

With gunz flexed, I suspended myself 2 ft off the ground with a 30 lb weight between my legs.  While also holding a dumbbell between my feet, I proceeded with my set of tricep dips.  I lowered myself and slowly raised up again.

Psschoooom!

Back down and up again.  

Psschoooom!

Down, and slowly up.

hisssss...KABOOM!  My right man boob explodes in searing pain.  That slow, sickening slide of corded muscle coming undone creates a sharp, stretching sensation just adjacent to my armpit.  I let go of the weight and dropped off the station onto my bum ankle.  (Why do I have a bum ankle?  That's another story.)  I stumbled a bit and grabbed my boob in agony.  That was the end of that.

I had to baby my right gun for the rest of the night.  I managed to finish my workout with some modification to my routine.  Why didn't I stop for the night?  I don't let myself off that easily; I do have two gunz afterall. But it did get me thinking about how much it would suck to lose the use of my right arm.

If I were a smurf, then I would be lefty smurf.  

If I were Rick Allen, the drummer for Def Leppard, then I would not be able to keep a beat.

If I were a pirate, then I would be Captain Hook.  Yar no.

If I were Chris Brown, then I would not be able to lay down my strong pimp hand while steering the car.

If I were Voltron, then I would be missing the red lion and I would not be able to form my blazing sword.

Yeah, it would definitely suck.

No comments: